My 2017 New Year’s Resolutions!
I honestly can’t believe it’s this time of year again. 2016 has literally flown by in the blink of an eye. Time needs to slow down! I’m so excited for 2017 and everything it’s going to bring, and I have a lot of things I want to accomplish, and projects I have planned. So without further ado, here are my My 2017 New Year’s Resolutions!
Become more fluent in French
- I have been taking French classes for quite a while now, at least five years. I think it is a very beautiful language, and it is one that many people speak as a second language. It is my goal to continue to improve my French, and specifically, to be able to hold conversations in French.
Complete 10th and 11th grade (and apply to college!)
- Okay, I know that this might seem ambitious to some. However, I am really lucky to be in a self paced online school that allows you to work as slowly or as quickly as you wish. It is my goal to complete 10th and 11th grade by September of 2017.
Learn how to sew
- I asked for a sewing machine for my last birthday, and I got one. However, despite the fact that I have had it for months, I haven’t used it much. I have sewed a couple of pillowcases in the past (with a lot of assistance) but I am not very confident in my sewing skills. I really want to learn how to read and follow patterns to make clothes. I think that would be so much fun! It’s definitely a project I want to work on in 2017.
Try a new cuisine
- I am a very picky eater, so I thought that in 2017, it would be fun to try a new cuisine to push myself out of my comfort zone a little bit. I haven’t decided exactly which cuisine yet, but I am thinking about Mexican.
Start selling patterns in my Etsy shop
- I have had an Etsy shop since July 2015, where I sell hats and scarves. However, I would really love to continue to expand it by selling some of my own patterns. You can check out my Etsy shop here.
Learn how to shoot and edit videos
- I probably waste at least an hour every single day watching videos on YouTube. I really want to learn how to plan, shoot, and edit my own videos. At some point in the next five years, I definitely want to start my own YouTube channel. However, in order to have a successful channel, you must be able to produce fresh content, and make beautiful and clean videos. One day I hope to be able to master Final Cut Pro X.
I think that’s it for now! I made a ton of resolutions in 2016, and I actually reached very few of them. 2016 turned out way differently than I expected it to, and I am stoked to have fresh start in 2017! I’m going to apply to college, and that in itself is enough to make any sixteen-year-old excited! I can’t wait to see everything that 2017 has to bring and I can’t wait to take you all on that journey with me!